The Responsible Handgun Owner class duration will be 8 hours 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
All courses are delivered at GTI’s Joint Operations Center 1321 Technology Drive, Barnwell, SC 29812.
All students will be required to provide the following equipment at the time of the class:
- Eye Protection
- Ear Protection – Ear muffs or ear plugs. It is highly recommended to use both!
- Serviceable Modern Pistol (I.E. Glock, Springfield, S&W, etc.)
- Quality Retention Holster (The Blackhawk SERPA holster is NOT ALLOWED during our courses)
- Extra magazines and magazine pouches are highly recommended.
- Expedient reloads will not be covered in this class but having extra magazines and an efficient way to carry them will make your day on the range much more enjoyable. You will spend more time shooting and less time back at the truck reloading the same magazine all day.
- 100 Rounds of quality ammunition that is appropriate for your firearm.
- All students must have proper footwear (I.E. tennis shoes, boots).
- Open toed footwear is not allowed for safety reasons.
- Comfortable pants or shorts may be worn.
- Skirts or dresses are not allowed.
- Appropriate weather protection (I.E. hat, sunscreen, jacket)
If you do not yet own a weapon / holster and would like some guidance before buying equipment contact our Range Master JT Timmons at email@example.com
If you do not yet own a handgun you can borrow one from GTI for the class. We will provide you with one of our Glock pistols, holster, magazines and ammunition for the course. Simply select that option before adding the course to your cart.