Southeastern Gunfighter’s Congress will be delivered at GTI’s Joint Operations Center 1321 Technology Drive, Barnwell, SC 29812.
The Auditor’s Ticket allows participants to spectate during the live fire portion of the training on August 4th and includes dinner and access to the keynote speech that evening.
The Shooter’s Ticket includes the Reston Group’s 2-Day Performance Gun Fighting – Mod 1 Course which will be held August 4th-5th, 2018 and will be 18-20 hours over two days 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Lunch and refreshments will be provided to all shooters. The Shooter’s Ticket also includes dinner and access to the keynote speech on August 4th.
Participants in the Reston Group’s 2-Day Performance Gun Fighting – Mod 1 Course, which is a combination of carbine and handgun training, should have a core understanding of marksmanship fundamentals and strong weapons handling skills. Building on these fundamentals, participants will be instructed in high performance skills and will practice techniques to enable them to successfully perform in firearm engagements.
Days are typically 9-10 hours in length with a short lunch break. Certificates are given upon successful completion of the second day.
Topics covered will include: Weapon Zeros, Safety, Grip, Stance, Accuracy, Speed, Positions, Multiple Threats, Reloads, Malfunctions, Shooting on the Move and Mindset
All students will be required to provide the following equipment at the time of the class:
- Eye Protection
- Ear Protection – Ear muffs or ear plugs. It is highly recommended to use both!
- Rifle w/ Sling
- 3 Rifle Magazines / Pouches for Rifle Magazines
- 550 Rifle Rounds of quality ammunition that is appropriate for your firearm.
- Serviceable Modern Pistol (I.E. Glock, Springfield, S&W, etc.).
- Serviceable Holster Note: Per GTI policy The Blackhawk SERPA holster is NOT ALLOWED during training..
- 3 Magazines / Pouches for Pistol Magazines.
- 500 Pistol Rounds of quality, factory ammunition that is appropriate for your firearm.
- All students must have proper footwear (I.E. tennis shoes, boots).
- Open toed footwear is not allowed for safety reasons.
- Comfortable pants or shorts may be worn.
- Skirts or dresses are not allowed.
- Appropriate weather protection (I.E. hat, sunscreen, jacket)