The Shotgun For Home Protection class duration will be 4 hours 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
All courses are delivered at GTI’s Joint Operations Center 1321 Technology Drive, Barnwell, SC 29812.
All students will be required to provide the following equipment at the time of the class:
- Eye Protection
- If it is very sunny, you may want sunglasses, but typically, clear glasses allow you to see your sights quicker and more clearly.
- Ear Protection – Ear muffs or ear plugs. It is highly recommended to use both!
- The less noise you hear, the better you will shoot. High quality electronic muffs are GREAT!
- A pump or semi-automatic shotgun with a sling.
- 300 Rounds of 00 buck or 7.5/8 bird shot.
- All students must have proper footwear (I.E. tennis shoes, boots).
- Gunfighter training is “athletic” training with a gun. In order to be able to move athletically, swiftly, competently and safely, you must have appropriate footwear. Open toed footwear is not allowed for safety reasons.
- Comfortable pants or shorts may be worn.
- Skirts or dresses are not allowed. Pants with side cargo pouches work best!
- Appropriate weather protection (I.E. hat, sunscreen, jacket)
- We supply water, but bring your own along with snacks, rain gear and whatever else you can think of that may make your training more comfortable.